Reach out to the world

Search This Blog

Friday 11 November 2011

Drake Calls Nicki Minaj His Dream Girl

Drake's hotly second anticipated album, "Take Care," leaked this week and the 25-year-old who played Jimmy Brooks on the Canadian teen melodrama "Degrassi: The Next Generation" for eight seasons, opened up to Stereogum about the new album and his "dreamgirl."
"Nicki [Minaj] is just like on some next shit, man. She's on some pop icon megastar, and that's what she wanted so bad ... Nicki told me she's about to get back on some spitter shit. Which I'm excited for. One thing I don't want her to do is ever like get lost in the pop world. .. She's a f*cking amazing rapper," he gushed to Sterogum.

"Her loud personality is something, but her toned down personality is something even more. She knows that shit. She knows not to wear no makeup around because I'll be f*cking on that shit ... She come into the studio with me, no makeup and she's rapping? I'm proposing right there. That shit is so attractive to me. She's so attractive to me. She just can rap. What other girl can rap like that? That's who I want to be my girl, you know? I want my girl to spit like that. Basically. Dreamgirl," Drake told the website.
Of course it's not the first time Drake has spoken so fondly of Nicki, who is featured on his new album. The two have long been rumored to be dating: spotted making out, pretending to get married on Twitter and getting close on stage.
The Toronto-born rapper told Elle in October, "I don't know if we were really pretending. I'd marry Nicki. I think Nicki would be one of the only people that would understand me at the end of all of this and be able to love me."
Despite comments like that, Drake also told Stereogum, that he hasn't been able to write any love song because he hasn't been in a relationship in three years.
"I can't write like that right now! My songs are like, I'm the man, bitch, I made it. I made you who you are now take a shot for me! That's a song on my album. I can tell you were practicing, all those other men were practice for me. Those are the types of songs I'm making. This music with sex-driven chauvinistic undertones to it," he explained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let the world hear about what you have to offer